If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (301) 963-8474

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Dealing with Fire Damage Restoration in Gaithersburg

8/10/2022 (Permalink)

power strip with cords plugged in burning Plugging appliances into extension cords can cause fires. Be sure and practice fire safety!

SERVPRO Assists with Fire Remediation in Gaithersburg

Currently, a heat wave has struck the country sending temperatures into the 90s and 100s in some places. People use home appliances like fans and portable air conditioning units when it gets hot. However, one thing many people don’t realize is that many household appliances are not supposed to be connected to power strips or extension cords. Plugging them into extension cords can cause shorts to occur, which might ignite a fire.

When our SERVPRO technicians work on fire damage restoration in Gaithersburg, one of the first things we do is find the source. If the origin was an extension cord shorting out, we could start our inspection process at the location of the short. We can inspect from there to see which of your contents and building materials got torched and ruined. We can also perform wipe tests from the source to other sections of your home to determine where soot residue is present. The wipe tests can also help us determine the type of soot and what methods will work best to clean them.

Once we finish our inspection phase, we can formulate a plan of attack to return your house to its preloss state, “Like it never even happened.” We will first determine which building materials and contents need to be removed and replaced. Then, we can devise a plan for cleaning your possessions and structural components.

Services we can offer after a fire ignites inside your house:

  • Smoke Remediation
  • Water & Fire Damage Restorations
  • Structural Deodorization
  • Content Cleaning

If you ever notice that an extension cord in your home has melted and caused a fire, call SERVPRO of Gaithersburg / Germantown at (301) 963-8474.

Other News

View Recent Posts